Negotiation is something that we do on a daily basis in our regular life and in business. But, how many people take the time to learn how to negotiate?
Being a good negotiator is a skill that every hustler/entrepreneur needs to have. As an entrepreneur you are always in negotiation for something, weather it is your next job, a contract, buying a car, where to have lunch or a payment extension, having good negotiation skills will be of great benefit to you. But, in order to be a successful negotiators, you have to know the basics of the game.
- Prepare for the negotiation by knowing your facts;
- Figure out what you really want;
- Figure out what you don’t care about;
- Figure out what the other party really wants;
- Create a win-win outcome to ensure that everyone is happy.
So in conclusion you must be prepared to take as well as to give, and, even though you might not get the perfect deal, at least you can get a good deal that you can live happily with.